Thursday, October 2, 2008

6 Quirky Facts About Me

Alright, so apparently I've been tagged now and am supposed to reveal 6 quirky facts about myself... So, here goes!

Quirky Fact #1
So I guess I'm a little OCD about a couple things... yes, I said a COUPLE... I don't think I actually ever realy noticed for the most part until after James and I got married and he kept pointing things out to me. The whole dishwasher thing, everything having to be loaded a certain way, I'm like that too. Before having a dishwasher though, James would tease me for taking such a long time doing the dishes cause I would rinse and organize EVERYTHING before starting to clean the dishes. And after they were cleaned, they would all get organized again, right down to the last peice of silverware, as I layed them on the matching towels on the counter to dry.
Quirky Fact #2
I have a REALLY hard time not correcting somebody's English spoken improperly. I know it's annoying, so I try not to point it out everytime I hear something said wrong, but sometimes I absolutely have to.
Quirky Fact #3
If someone has bare feet or they're wearing some kind of sandle, I always look. I'm not sure why, but I always have. Just a couple years ago I learned that 2 of my brothers do too. One of them actually went to the extreme of breaking up with a girl cause she had weird toes. I must admit, before I was married I did get quite turned off a few times by seeing the feet of guys I was dating and found that I didn't really like them as much anymore. Not just that they weren't good looking feet, but that the guy they belonged to loved feet. Sorry, just a little too weird for me I guess.
Quirky Fact #4
When I make a list for something, there can't be any scribbles or erase marks on the page and the writing has to all look the same. This is one of the things I didn't know about myself until my dear James pointed it out to me. If there is a scribble, unwanted mark, or mismatched lettering, I restart my list on a new piece of paper. Truly I had never noticed doing this until James started to tease me for having started my list over 5 times already.
Quirky Fact #5
This one really annoys my husband. I can't stand going to bed if the covers are messed up. If I haven't made the bed already, I make it just before laying down. I know, I know, kinda pointless right? WRONG! If the bed isn't made before laying down, I end up waking up with no covers! James is a cover theif!!!! I blame it entirely on HIM!!! (even though I was the same way before getting married... but that's beside the point.)
Quirky Fact #6
I HATE FLIES!!!!! James also teases me about this one, cause if there's a fly flying around, I can't be at ease until it's DEAD! The worst is if it lands on the tv while I'm watching a movie. Normally, I'll pause the movie until the fly has been officially terminated.
Making this list has brought something to my attention... I'm a lot more OCD than I thought! Hope you've all enjoyed my quirks! And now for the tagging of 5 peoples... I pick Julia Willis, Heather Lyons, Jessica Crisp, Jennifer Tonks, and.... Marisa Compton! I'll be looking forward to getting to know you all a little bit quirkier! Have fun!!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I loved this list. And I love that you didn't know you had some of these quirks until James pointed them out. Funny!

p.s. I have that dishes problem too! And I can't stand it when garry puts something dirty in my dishwater that hasn't been rinsed clean first. Then there are floaters and I have to completely empty and refill the wash sink.

Unknown said...

I am OCD too about a lot of cleaning things too. I have to take everything off the counters to clean them. Jason can't go to bed either without the covers fixed too. I have got into the habit too of not going to bed unless the covers are straightened. It's good to know more people can't stand that either.

Sarah said...

ok Kelli, the list thing cracked me up. I doodle on my list of I have it in front of me long enough.

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I can't sleep in a messy bed EITHER! And Parker can't stand it, cuz I'll make the bed just before getting in. Funny....I think it was Aunt Susan that told me that you and I are actually really alike. Hah....like I needed anybody to tell me that!

Julia said...

Haha! That was the best Kelli!!! I loved it! I can't wait for Wednesday!