Friday, October 17, 2008

Arizona trip

So, last week I went on a road trip to Arizona along with my mother, Grandma, cousin Julia, Uncle Scott (or as Aleena says "Uncle Butt"), Aunt Kathy, and my children. It was so much fun!!! My kids did WAY better than I was expecting. I was very nervous for the trip, but they did great! I think they mostly liked having me sit right next to them and they had my full attention the whole time. We left at 4am on Wed. morning (8th) Missouri time and arrived to our destinations around I believe 1am-ish. I stayed the first night at my sister's, the second and third nights at my dear friend Ashley's house, and the last 2 nights at Katie's again. Friday night I got to go out with my to best friends in Arizona, Ashley and Jodi, to eat at Olive Garden and then sit in the car for about 2 and 1/2 hours talking. I'm so bummed though!!! I DIDN'T GET ANY PICTURES!!! I even had my camera out in the car! I guess that's what happens when you're up for the day at 4am (thanks to Ethan not adjusting to the time change). Anyway, it was a blast! Friday my friend Jodi cut my hair and we got to visit some more. Oh, and about the "Uncle Butt" part, Aleena is now correcting herself by saying, "Not Uncle Scott, Uncle Butt... No, not Uncle Butt, Uncle Scott... Yeah, Uncle Scott." Is it normal for a 2 year old to hold conversations with themselves all day long? Anyway, it's nice to be back home with my hubby, but I do miss Arizona already!! One more thing... if we'd stayed there just one more day I could have seen Ashley's new baby boy!!! He looks beautiful in the pictures though!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

That was so funny! "Uncle Butt"!! I'm glad you had a fun time in AZ. I did too! I'm so glad you came!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow now hes got even more fun nicknames, "uncle butt," and "uncle snot!"

And kelli....Mikey has conversations with himself all the time. As far as I know...it's normal.

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

It sounds like you had a great time! It is always nice to see family and friends.

Abram and Ashley said...

It was so fun to see you again! It was great to get together with Jodi too! It would have been fun to have Dallin while you were here so you could see him.
Oh and I tagged you. See my blog for details!