Monday, October 27, 2008

Just a few words...

Saturday morning, Aleena kindly asked me to put her hair up. The morning hadn't been going all that well and I was already a bit irritable, but I told her I would. I was doing to french braids half-way and then putting it up into pigtails. Just as I was about to get the first ponytail in (Aleena's calls them hair-ups, but it sounds like "haywup") she shook her head a whole bunch and the whole braid came out. I sort of growled a little and she said, "What's wawn, Mommy? Aow you fwustwated?" Naturally, I had to laugh. Amazing how a few words from my sweet little girl can change my attitude. James and I are amazed each day at how her vocabulary is expanding. James was spouting off random things yesterday along with his made up tune. Somewhere in the mix of it he said something about me being crazy and the next thing we know, Aleena says to her Daddy, "Mommy's fweakin cwazy." She's so much fun, but boy can she be a stinker!!

2 comments:

The Crisps said...

no way, she said "fwustwated?" haha thats so cute! I caught Justus saying "stupid door!" the other day....wonder where he heard that one...?

Billy and Amanda Cole said...

That is so funny. Kids are amazing at the way they can calm you right down. And wow how they can pick up words! I keep reminding Billy of that now when he is watching sports. Not that they are bad words, but words I don't want our child repeating.