Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kid Stuff... What Else?

Ethan is at the point now where he's starting to say words. He says "Momma" and "Dadda" and a couple more like that, but the other day he said a new one. I was trying to feed him cream of wheat, which he usually loves and eats as much as me, but he wasn't interested. I tried a couple different times to give him a bite and the third time I tried, he shook his head and growled, "yuuucky". What a cutie! A few days ago, when I was at my first day of work, Aleena was watching her daddy play a shooting game on the computer. After James shot someone on the game, she said, "Daddy, you shouldn't shoot him, he might be good." lol Then yesterday she brought a bunch of her toys into the livingroom, dumped them on the floor, and sat on the couch to watch James play his game again. A couple minutes later I said, "Aleena, you need to pick up your toys and put them back in your room." She sweetly said to me, "No, I'll watch Daddy play his game." So I told her again, "No, you need to pick up your toys." She replied, with very little enthusiasm, "But I love to watch tv." So, trying not to laugh too hard, I said, "Aleena, I don't care if you love to watch tv, you still need to pick up your toys and put them in your room." Then, get this, she said, "No, Mommy, you can pick them up for me." Excuse me!! Not even two and a half and she's coming up with these kinds of responses!! We're in SO much trouble!! I couldn't get upset at her though, she's way to cute, and she wasn't saying it to be naughty, just matter-of-factly. I told her I'd help her pick them up, but they were hers so she needed to do it too, so she happily did. I'm so happy to be where I am in life!! I love my dear husband and our beautiful children so much!!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hahaha what a stinker! but I think you gave a good response to the little squirt. I'm so glad you guys are doing well!

side note: we're most likely going to move to Greenville TX in January. So we totally need to see you guys before you go. Just be thinking of when. I'll be at my parents next week on the 20th and 21st. Then we probably wont be back till christmas. Then we're moving! CRAZY! Anyhow...just something to think about we'd love to see ya!

The Crisps said...

hehe! I love it! Ps. also loved that you were Lucy for halloween!! your funny.

Julia said...

Awww! She sounds so cute!!

Abram and Ashley said...

Aleena is so cute! I love the family picture!