Friday, November 14, 2008

My New Job

I got hired on at Applebee's as a waitress!! I started my first day of shadowing (training) last night. It went well for me and for James and the kids. It's definitely going to be different not putting the kids to bed every night, but I don't think I'll be working every night of the week, so I'll still get to sometimes. I know there will be times that it's way harder, for both me and James, for me to be working, but I think there will also be lots of good things about it. For me, I get a break from the kids whether or not I want it :) and James was wanting to have more time with them, so that works out nicely. I just hope every night, at least for the most part, goes as well for James with the kids as last night did. I don't work again for a few days but when I do I'll get pictures so you can see the "Applebee's Kelli". I probably look so different you'll hardly recognize me!! :P

5 comments:

Sheri said...

You'll be the hottest "Applebee's Kelli" EVER, I'm sure. I hope you like it, and I hope lots of people give you really good tips. :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow you've got some gusto....so does James for that matter. I know I could handle a job...but it takes guts to actually do it. Mike loves our kids, but he would go mad if he had to be with them by himself for more than a few hours. I hope this works out for you though. Good luck to you all!

Laura Willis said...

It sound like a fun place to work.
Good luck to all of you.

Unknown said...

I am happy you got the job. I hope it continues to work out!!!

Julia said...

I agree with Sheri. You'll be the hottest Applebee's Kelli! And yes, I hope you get good tips!