Friday, November 7, 2008

Pete and Repeat

During the day when my kids are both awake, their bedroom door has to stay open. Aleena likes to go in the room and wait for Ethan to get just outside the room and then shut the door. Yeah, sibling rivalry has begun. So the rule is no shutting the door. Aleena is in her room, supposed to be taking a nap. She kept getting up so I just went in there and put her back in bed and told her sweetly that she needed to stay in bed cause it's nap time and she needs to go to sleep. When I walked out of the room, I listened cause usually she has something to say in this situation. So a few seconds later she said (of course with her cute little voice), "Hey! You do NOT shut de dow!! You undowstan!? (growl) My kids dus don't yissen!" HAHA Wonder where THAT came from!

8 comments:

Shelly said...

that's so funny that she copies you. My favorite is when Kadence would say to me after doing something she wanted me to, she'd look at my all condescendingly and tilt her head to the side and say "Good girl Mommy!" It's hard to remember that the little kids aren't making fun, though your first reaction is still wanting to pop them in the head!! Good luck with that little girl! :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha when we're talking to gavin sometimes when we're in our "talk to a baby" voice we'll say. "Hi Mr. Boogers!" And the other day he was crying in his crib, mikey came running to me and sais, "Mom Mr. Boogers is crying!"

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

YOUR GIRL'S A TALKER! That's so cute! Caleb's favorite movie is "Toy Story" and Woody says "shut up" probably two or three times in that movie. Well Caleb started saying it whenever Parker called his name, "Caleb!"
"Shut up!"
YIKES! So I had to sit him down and say, "Caleb that's a no, no....we don't say that. We do not say 'shut up'". And I had to put him in the corner for a minute, and then when it was all over he kept walking around saying, "no say shut-up....'sss a no no." Then we were in the car just about an hour ago, and Parker was telling me about something that was really bugging him, and he said he wished they'd shut up. I looked at parker, and I knew I had to punish him just like I punish Caleb. I said, "Parker! That's a NO NO!! We don't say that!" And parker was splitting a gut, he totally understood why I was doing that, but he was laughing pretty hard and between breaths saying, "Ooops, I'm sorry" "I'm sorry mommy." Be careful what you say!!

Sarah said...

LOL, All great stories! I heard Kelli's in person, it was way funnier than reading it. :) And heather I think I would have been cracking up if I were even in the car when that happened. That is hilarious.

Julia said...

Kelli! That's hilarious! I was laughing so hard! Everybody's posts are hilarious! I can't wait to have kids! ...but i will. lol

The Crisps said...

LOL!!!

Laura Willis said...

I remember when I could laugh at what they said as I walked away. I miss those days. Thank you for sharing.

The Stokes said...

haha that is awesome I cant believe she is talking even! I havent seen them in a loong time!