Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Catching up

James and I took the kids to get pictures the other day. We don't have them yet, but I'll post some when we get them. Aleena was so cute posing and smiling the whole time. The photographer took a few picture with her and Ethan and she sweetly set her hand on his leg, ready for the picture to be taken. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. So Ethan has 4 teeth now, his two front bottom teeth, and the two top teeth next to the front ones. He looks like a little vampire!! I just started a potty success chart for Aleena. It's got like 15 spots in each column. Each time she pees in the toilet she gets a sticker, and IF she'll ever poo, she'll get 2 stickers. When she fills up a column she gets a special present. Today she completed another column and her special present was a little doctor set. I showed her what to do with the stethescope, but she had a different idea, so there's a picture of that too. And of course, she likes to make funny faces. This one is for Uncle Butt :D And the last thing I'm gonna blog about right now is... dun dun dun... I'm getting a job! I'm kinda nervous about it. I was thinking maybe I could take a little bit of stress off of James' if I work while he's at home. It might help him with schooling so he can concentrate more on school and not have to worry about the bills. Of course if either of us don't like it after the first week or two we'll go back to the old ways :) but we'll see. I'm trying to get a job as a waitress. I had an interview yesterday at Applebee's and today I'll talk to someone setting up my second interview. If I do get the job, I'll just be working for the dinner shift, so James will be home with the kids, feeding them dinner and getting them in bed. He's excited about getting to spend more time with them, but it'll definitely be hard to get use to for both of us I'm sure. Anyway, there actually is one more thing I was gonna say... Osama... I mean Obama is our new President. What do you all think? Honestly, I don't think it would have been much better or worse had McCain won, and I'm not really surprised at all that Obama won. I guess we'll just have to see how things go... are you nervous? I AM!

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha I bought that exact same doctor set for mikey! Hurray DG

Unknown said...

I have been working too. In the evenings when Jason is home to watch Willem. I only work fifteen hours a week, coming out to three hours a day. It's hard to get to work. I always say I don't want to go. I don't want to go. But, once I get there I am okay. Plus I kept thinking I will love the paycheck. Hope it can work out for you.

Laura Willis said...

Good luck with the job. It will be fun, you will get the rush hour at work but miss the busiest at home. =)
As for the Obama-nation thing?
It is a sign of the times.
No one believed America was vulnerable until after 911, I believe a whole new realization is coming thanks to this election.