Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sweet Prayers, Stinky Diapers, and Barfy Weekeds

The other night we were having family prayers before bed. It was James' turn, but that didn't stop Aleena from repeating everything she could. James said in his prayer, "We're grateful to have the gospel in our lives," and Aleena, repeating what SHE heard, said, "and gwapeful for wipes." Naturally we had to end that prayer quickly. I couldn't hold my giggles back.

I think she's finally starting to get over her "Terrible Two's" all except one aspect of it... being stubborn. I don't think that one's gonna go away though, EVER. Probably at least half of what I ask her or tell her to do, she sweetly says, "No." And at this point, I'm beginning to think she'll still be pooping in a diaper when she's 10 years old! I'm open to suggestions on poopoo training, so PLEASE share your ideas!!! I just need to help her WANT to do it, cause she has before, once, but just simply doesn't want to anymore. AAHH!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week! We spent it with James' family playing games and visiting. It was loads of fun! Unfortunately though, we picked something up along the way and spent the weekend barfing, and poor little Ethan still is. He didn't start until the rest of us were pretty much done, so he hasn't quite gotten over it yet. I'm so excited for Christmas this year! I'm especially excited for my mother-in-law, Sherry, to get to spend it in France with her sweety, Phillipe. I hope she has a WONDERFUL time!! Anyway, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and has an awesome Christmas!! Just don't forget the real reason for the season!

8 comments:

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Well you're one-up on me, I can't get Caleb to do ANYTHING in the potty. But I've heard (and I'm pretty sure I'm using it as an excuse to truly crack down) that boys take more time than girls..... and so I'm using that to my full advantage. Plus, it's hard to change habits when your child doesn't have a home yet. Anyway, love your family picture!! Your kids look so much like you! I think it's the eyes. Your girl is a little spitfire! I can't believe she and Caleb are the same age. and Caleb talks GOOD for his age....Aleena just talks AMAZING for her age I guess. Totally cute.

Dave and Jodi said...

Cute picture. Did you color your hair back brown again?

Laura Willis said...

Potty training is usually over by the time they go to school. =)
I love charts.
On ours I put the time of day we tried and they get a sticker, if they actually go they get a sticker.
I also put accidents on the chart too. I put an X but never frowns.
They see how good they are doing and after a couple days I see a time schedule and can try to work around them the best.
Good luck.

Laura Willis said...

Sorry, they get a smilie face if they try, a sticker if they go.

Sarah said...

I love your picture too. I hadn't heard teh prayer story, that is so cute. We try to get Lydia to help with prayers, but she hasn't quite caught on yet.

Julia said...

Poor Ethan. Is he getting any better?
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! -And France! Holy Cow! Can I go in your mother-in-law's suitcase?

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha yeah both my boys love saying prayers too. Sometimes it's mine or mikes turn and they BOTH start repeating EVERYTHING we say. I should have named my boys pete and re-pete.

The Crisps said...

That is THE cutest picture i've ever seen and it makes me want to go get our family pictures taken right NOW. As for potty training...all I can do is laugh cuz I just went through that and know how you feel! My suggestion is,, even though she is not potty trained, get rid of the diapers, make her poop in underwear and make her wear it for awhile before you clean it up. sounds cruel and gross, but it worked for J man.