Wednesday, November 25, 2009

She's a thinker...

Something that my kids like to do that I really don't like is that they suck water out of their sippies, spit it into lock blocks, and then drink it... nasty. So this morning Aleena was doing that (while hiding out in her room cause they're not supposed to) and she spilled water all down the front of her shirt. She came into the kitchen whining cause her shirt was all wet. I asked her if she was spitting out her water again and she's like, "Uh... no... I.......... I think Ethan did it. And he was weawing my clothes!! Yeah, he was weawing my clothes and spitting out watow and he got my clothes all wet!!" Perfect "no lying" lesson opportunity right? Yeah, not so much for her, she just argues with whatever I have to say about ANYTHING. Then an hour or so later I said to the kids, "You guys know I love you right?" In a silly voice Aleena said, "No..."
Me: "Well I do. I love you lots and lots."
Aleena: "Jesus wants us to, huh?"
Me: "Yes, he wants us to love each other, and to be happy, and be good, and to ALWAYS tell the truth!"
Aleena: "And he wants us to dance?"
Me: "Sure, yeah, he wants us to dance..."
Aleena: "Then we can put ouw jammies on and you can tuwn ouw house into a dance! But that wouldn't be good."

Yeah, I don't know where that girls comes up with some of the things she says. I think she's a little kookie. She makes me laugh a lot.

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

what a crazy little girl. Speaking of that cutie little stink pot, I've got a super cute picture of you two at my moms house. It's on my portfolio blog.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Just delete this link after you see the blog cause I dont want it public just yet. I still have some more pictures to upload before it's ready.

http://znapshotz.blogspot.com/

Sean & Meagan said...

So funny. L-O-V-E her!