Thursday, November 5, 2009

Making cookies

The other day I was making cookies and Aleena asked if we could watch a movie together and eat cookies. I told her that would be fine but we'll have to wait till the cookies are done. She said, "Yeah, and I can have a GWEAT BIG cookie, like THIS big!!!" (she opened her arms out wide to a big circle)
Me: "Well, I don't think I can give you a cookie that big."
Aleena: "Why not?"
Me: "Because that would make you sick."
Aleena: "OH!! Then I can go to the doctow, and I can feel bettow, and then I can have ANOTHOW gweat big cookie!!!"

What a dear child! She always has the perfect solution for everything :P

So last week on Tuesday and Wednesday I told Ethan over and over again throughout the day that his diapers were almost gone and that he was gonna wear big boy underwear and go pee and poo on the toilet. Then Thursday... dun dun dun... the adventure began. We had lots of accidents Thursday, which I had totally mentally prepared myself for btw, and each time he did I said, "Uh oh, we can't pee in our big boy underwear. We need to do that in the toilet now," and he'd sit on the toilet for a little bit each time. Friday, we had a couple accidents, and since then we haven't had any pee pee accidents!! He's gone poo on the toilet a couple times but hasn't quite mastered that part yet. We're so proud of him!!! He's doing a great job!! YEAH!!!!!

And as for our dear little Maya, she's just as sweet as can be! She's got a pretty good schedule during the day. She goes to bed for the night between 7 and 7:30 and doesn't wake up to eat usually until 4ish. She's 2 and 1/2 months old now... I know I know, I still haven't gotten any pictures up. We're having camera/scanner issues. Hopefully we'll get it all figured out soon though.

So, being the mother of 3 is a ton of fun and extremely busy most of the time. I really miss blogging but I'll do by best to do it more often. And I've also read a few of your blogs today trying to get caught up :D Anyway, love you all!!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha your kids always crack me up. talking about going to the dr to make her feel beter just so she can have another cookie. yum. I may just have to make chocolate chip cookies today.

Julia said...

I love it! You're kids are great!

Sheri said...

Thanks for the update! I was just thinking about you today and wishing I could hear about you, then BAM, you blogged. It's like you were reading my mind. :)

I'm glad 3 is going well! It still sounds verrrry scary to me. Three. Wow.

Nancyann said...

It's so good to hear from you! It feels like it's been forever Kelli! And that is sooo Aleena! haha, I miss your kids too. :) Plus I have never seen Maya! I can't wait for pictures! Or maybe to get lucky and actually see her! Love ya!