Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Newest Arival!!

We've had a baby, shout hooray!! Maya Renea Lopez was born last Thursday, August 20th at 1:14 PM. She was 8 lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long. She's a beauty!! She's got lot's of black hair and she's full of smiles already! Sorry I don't have any pictures on, but I'll get them on just as soon as I figure out how :P So far she's been about as perfect as a baby can be!! She's been sleeping 5 or 6 hours at night, eating, then sleeping for 4 or 5 more!! It's been wonderful!! She's also very talented at pooping as we change her diaper. Happens almost every single time. Anyway, I'll get some pictures up soon, don't worry!!

Yesterday we were driving around (all needed out of the house) and James and I got us some food. Ethan and Aleena had just eaten so we were just sharing fries with them. Two seconds after I would give them fries they'd both start repeating "more, more" like the seagulls on Finding Nemo "mine, mine"... Yeah that gets old REAL quick. James said, "Oh my gosh! Kids, just be quiet!!" And our dear Aleena's response was, "Hey, I'm not a kid! I'm 3 yews ode!! Just leave me alone!!" The rest of the way home Ethan just kept saying, "Dude!!" over and over again.

This morning I was getting breakfast for the kids and I THOUGHT they were both in their seats waiting for it. Then Aleena said, "Hey Mom, I'm holding Maya!!" Talk about a near death by heart attack experience!! I ran into the livingroom and, I'm not really sure how, Aleena was walking around with Maya cradled in her arms!!! AAAHHHH!!!!!! As soon as I had Maya out of Aleena's arms, Aleena started sobbing, "I just wanna hold my sistow!! I wanna hold Maya Wenay!!" Ethan and Aleena are both very good siblings to Maya and they want to hold her and help any way they can.

8 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

oooh! thats cute that she wants to hold her sister, but aaaahhh! I think I would opt for keeping the baby in my sight at all times. Actually I know thats what I opted for with Mikey and Xander. Only it doesnt matter who you have in your sights as long as you can see at least two of them and the baby is ok.

cant wait for pics!

Sheri said...

Holy moly, Aleena is such a little adult! I am SO SAD that there weren't any pictures on this post, but VERY GRATEFUL that you posted at all! How was labor? Was it easier the third time around? (Say it was.)

Congratulations on your new princess! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for pictures.

Garry the Jeweler said...

Yeah. Kelli you did it again.
Congratulations.
Melissa

Sarah said...

that is so great that Aleena loves her sister so much, and also very scary. eek!

The Crisps said...

Congrats! Good luck!

Abram and Ashley said...

Congrats! I wish I could see your new getting bigger family! I hope all is going well. Hope to talk to you soon. love ya!

Jeni Brown said...

At least you know that your kids like each other and they don't hate having a baby around

Sean & Meagan said...

Oh my gosh...the way you have the way she speaks on there...I can't help but laugh--but then again, we do laugh at everything don't we?! But even if I didn't laugh at everything, I would laugh at that, because it's funny.