Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What's Said Isn't Always What's Heard

The other day, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Ethan's not allowed in the bathroom, and he knows it. We have a gate up in the back of the hallway and he came and pushed it down, said, "Uh oh," and the came into the bathroom and stomped his feet and laughed. I told him to get out and Aleena's like, "What's wrong, Mommy?"
Me- "Ethan's being a pill."
Aleena- "He's being a pillow?"
Me- "No, he's being a pill, a stinker. He's being naughty."
Aleena- "He's being a pillow, and stinker, and he needs to go potty?"
Then she laughed. She knew that wasn't really what I had said. I must say though, I do think that was quite clever of her. She's so dang hilarious!

Speaking of Clever... on the 29th and 30th we're moving to a duplex in Clever. It's about 10 minutes away from where we are right now. We'll be next door neighbors with Brandon and Lauren!! We're very excited to move there cause we'll have a LOT more room. The apartment we're in right now has absolutely no storage space. Our duplex has a garage, and attic, drawers in the bathroom (yeah we don't have any here), and a walk-in closet in our room. We'll get to put a lot of stuff in the garage instead of stacked up in the bedrooms or hallway. And we've made a couple purchases lately for decorating stuff. Our couch was really ugly so we got a cover for it and it looks a million times better!! We bought a rug for the livingroom, which looks quite nice with the couch cover. And we're either going to buy a cedar chest for the kids' toys or James is going to make one, haven't decided yet. And depending on what kind of deal we can find we might buy a cute rug for the kids' room too. Okay, I think I'm done with my random babbling for this post. :)

5 comments:

Shelly said...

check on craigslist for toy boxes and cedar chests and things--they have great deals on there. Any new ones decent size are gonna be $100 or more. And for $100, you can make a HUGE one! (that's what we did) And dang Kelli! How do you always get so lucky to have wonderful neighbors!?!? It's my turn next!! :) The house next to us is sitting empty, ready for the taking! ;) Aleena is too funny! Keep posting! It's good to have you back!

Shelly said...

ah, that reminds me of what my mom always said.."Listen to what I mean, not what I say!!"

Sheri said...

*sigh* I'm so happy that you are blogging again. I've missed you so much! I'm so glad you get a bigger place with a garage AND an attic! How awesome is that. I've never heard of the town of Clever though.

I, too, need to find a cedar chest for toys. Be sure to post pictures of your new place!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

How CLEVER of you to get into a bigger place. And I dont think Aleena is ever going to stop surprising you. What a goofball. A very smart, goofball. Oh and a good place for carpets is Dollar General. No kidding. I found a great one for my office for $10. And if you want a larger one they're only like $15.

Sarah said...

h aha, nice segway there. Yeah, I'm going to miss having you as a neighbor. It's been so great the last 10 months. But we aren't moving to Clever.
Sheri you have never heard of Clever cause it's not really a town, it's more like a neighborhood... with a gas station and a high school. I think it's even smaller then Ash Grove.