Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long Time, No Post

Don't worry, I'm still alive. :) So, about that last post I made, it's a girl for those of you who haven't heard yet. Her name is Maya Renee Lopez and she's due to come August 26th. She moves around ALL the time and doesn't like to have her heart rate checked. At the last appointment I had, when the nurse was trying to get her heart rate, Maya kept kicking the monitor and moving away. It was interesting.

So I'm sure you're all ready to hear some fun Aleena and Ethan stories. Well, I have some!! Last Sunday at church, we were sitting next to Brandon and Lauren (brother and sister-in-law) and Aleena was sitting on Brandon's lap. He told her she was adorable and she replied, "No, I'm not adowable. I'm just a cute little giwl." Yesterday we were in the car driving around and James turned on rap music. I looked back at Ethan and he was totally rockin out bobbing his head back and forth. It was hilarious! And one more story to wrap this post up. A month ago my family was all at my mom's house. My brother, Daniel was singing a rock song to Aleena. I think he said it was called "Helena" (something like that) but he changed it so he was singing her name. After he sang, this is how their conversation went.
Daniel- "So, Aleena, did you like my song?"
Aleena- "Um, no."
Daniel- "No? Why not?"
Aleena- "Well, it was kinda loud."
Daniel- "Well, is there anything I can do to fix it, to make it better?"
Aleena- "Yeah, maybe you could stop singing."

I just have to say, as hard as being a parent has been at times and will be many times more, I love our children so much! They bring so much joy and happiness to our lives and make us laugh all the time! Out of the mouths of babes.... you never know what will be said next!!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Haha, your kids are so cute. Thank you for sharing the stories. It's so fun to read your blog again! Please keep blogging! I miss you mucho mucho. Can we play when we come out there? We'll be there July 1-8.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hahaha! thats hillarious. I love that last conversation. Kids are so silly. Mostly your kids. lol.

The Crisps said...

Kelli! Im so glad to know you are still alive! And congrats on the girl!! August 26th is my son's birthday. My #3 is due Halloweenish, not sure of the sex yet. I would love to meet your family sometime.