Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Of all the discusting...

I was cleaning the kitchen this morning and in the middle of rinsing off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher (what a wonderful invention btw) the garbage disposal decided to stop working. I figured it was just clogged, but I wasn't even about to put my hand down there. A few ingredients that were in the sink are as follows: raw chicken, fish, cabbage, bread (Ethan trying to help clean), and a few other things. As the dishwasher was going this sink filled up, which I didn't realize for a while cause I wasn't in the kitchen anymore. It was getting a little stinky, then I thought maybe I should go check on it. The sink was filled to the top with quite revolting, brown, chunky water. So I stopped the dishwasher, scooped some of the water up a few times with a huge bowl and threw it in the backyard so it wasn't overflowing anymore. After lunch Aleena put her dishes in the sink and was taking a little longer than she should have.... yeah, she dipped a cup into it and DRANK IT!!!!! I was gagging so hard!! WHY DO KIDS SO SUCH NASTY THINGS!?! It's amazing that some children live through such stages of life... like when Ethan ate his poop...

7 comments:

Julia said...

Kelli, don't think of it as disgusting, think of it as a sort of Boosting of the Immune System. Now you're kids will be totally indestructible!

Nancyann said...

Haha, well I was about to say, at least it wasn't out of the toilet, and then you made the comment about Ethan...oh dear, children really can be so so nasty. haha

sheriwx said...

Awww gross. Man Kelli, I almost THREW UP. GROSS.

sheriwx said...

Oh, this isn't Garry, PS. It's Sheri.

Sarah said...

ha ha ha, it's funny cause it's gross. Better your kid than mine :) I drank sink water one time, but I scrubbed the sink for like 15 mins and really it was coolaid. (it was for april fools) But I bet my sink water tasted a whole lot better then Aleena's :)

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

When your garbage disposal quits and your sink cloggs.....use the toilet plunger. It works!! Learned that one from my mother-in-law. P.s. you're not supposed to put potato peels into the garbage disposal either (that's how we clogged ours). Oh, and by the way.....that IS disgusting.

Kelby and Amber-Rose said...

Do you ever get a calm moment? (quiet is too much to ask for)